Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our Second Honeymoon


Traveling with Trav is a favorite. But I think I appreciate every little part of it more the longer we are married. Most people think we travel all the time. But, when you have family that lives in other states where you go to visit for holidays and what not that is not exactly " traveling". Sure we've been to San Fran for a wedding with a bunch of friends. Same with Vegas...all with friends. And Colorado this year was to 1) See my roommate 2) Go somewhere since we didn't for our anniversary and 3) Check out possibilities. This trip to Seattle was entirely different than anything we have done. It makes me ready to go some where else now!

You can't top your honeymoon because it's a honeymoon and the first trip as a married couple. Trav and I know each other at such a deeper level now, making this trip like a honeymoon again but easier , I guess. On our honeymoon we felt that if one was doing something the other should. Which was perfect at that time. But now, I know that if he wants to watch ESPN I can curl up with a good book and its fine. Or he can sleep in as late as he wants while I sneak out to grab a coffee, take a little walk, and than head back to my book. I even took a nap one day which is rare while he stayed up watching....Cake Boss & House Hunters. ( Don't tell I told you ;)

Seattle was an incredible city. There are some big cities that are dirty or overwhelming or you can't take too much of. We couldn't get enough of it. As we walked the streets each day we soaked in every little detail about it. The air was crisp and fresh and clean. I loved walking the streets in a coat and scarf with Trav holding my hand to keep warm. There was a hustle and bustle about the streets but it wasn't too much. We learned quick how to be like locals there when it comes to walking and public transportation!

I can't say enough what a treat it was to have Trav for six days, all day. No work. No school. Just us. We hadn't realized how much we've missed that. I laughed more than I have all year. I was reminded how easily Trav can make me laugh. Literally laugh until I'm going to cry, be sick, or pee. There was one day we were coming back up the elevator. We were already laughing and teasing each other about the bus ride. We got off and walked to our room. Trav was trying to unlock the door but every time he went to swipe the key I would mess it up. Between that, giggling, and Trav twisting the door handle trying to open it we were causing a ruckus. Until we realized the card wasn't really working. At the same time we froze, looked up, and realized we were at 2026 not 2126!!! Crap! We doubled over laughing and barely made it back to the elevator. Once on the elevator I was crouched on my knees laughing so hard and we both had tears streaming down our faces. I wish I could have seen the people in the room as they looked through the peephole to see who was breaking into their room! 



I was amazed at how quickly Trav and I slipped back into a routine like we used to have when we were living on our own. It made me cherish those moments with him even more. Pretty sure I fell in love with him all over again. Each day I realize different reasons why I am so thankful for him and how we are without a doubt a match made in heaven. I love how how he shares my passion for traveling, trying new things, and wanting to make the most out of our time here on earth! Seeing new places with him is fun because he gets just as excited about each thing as a kid going to Disneyland for the first time! I'm sure there are many more adventures in store for us.


There is so much to say about our 6 days that I think I will split it up and talk about the highlights of it! That way, in a few months I can look back and remember the little moments :)

1 comment: