Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quick Dessert : Rocky Road Brownies

Have I mentioned I love quick and easy desserts? Don't get me wrong, labor of love is definitely a part of my love language but sometimes it's nice to just grab items from the cupboard and throw them together last minute for a delicious treat.

I made Rocky Road Brownies in the fall and I had completely forgotten about them until this week. On Monday I was sitting here, bored, when I decided to bake. Little did I know this would be a delicious little treat.....and I would hands own devour half the pan myself! Yikes!

If you are ever in a jam or need a quick treat, give them a try!

Rocky Road Brownies

box brownie mix with syrup
peanuts
mini marshmellows
bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c water
1/3 c oil
2 eggs (beaten)
handfuls of dry roasted peanuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan. Mix together the brownie mix, water, eggs, and oil. Add in some chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 min, just keeping an eye on them. Take the brownies our an cover with as many marshmellows as desired, the rest of the chocolate chips, and a handful or two of peanuts. Throw it back in the oven with a cookie sheet covering for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan and let them cool. 

They are really good with cool whip on top.....but what isn't, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment