Monday, August 2, 2010

Cake Pops!

I love love love to bake. It completely relaxes me. Sometimes after a long day of class or when I'm stressed over something I find myself in the kitchen ready to try something new or an old fave. When my parents moved, baking/cooking became my coping mechanism. Poor Trav would come home to muffins, desserts, appetizers, and you name it.

I love the site Bakerella and visit it daily. She has the cutest ideas and even her ordinary cream cheese brownies or sweet rolls are delish. My favorite item to make though are cake balls.You can leave them as plain old cake balls, turn them into cake pops, or cupcake pops. Flavors can range from red velvet, to chocolate, to lemon...you name it. Let me tell you though....they are sure to be a hit. There is just something about them that is so scrumptious and savory you can't just eat one.

This past weekend I had the joy of making another batch. I often find reasons to make them and this time I had a pretty good one. Katie was throwing a baby shower and wanted to serve them as dessert. I was thrilled to have an excuse to whip up a batch. She asked me to use a lemon flavor which would be a new creation for me. But they ended up tasting great. Cream cheese + lemon = fabulous! I'm looking forward to Zoey girl's baptism coming up so I can have an excuse to make more!

Lemon Cream Cheese Cake Pops

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! The bows are such a nice touch. Glad the flavor combo worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete