Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quick Dessert



Ever need a quick dessert and don't have time to run to the market or make something fancy?! I have a few "go to" desserts where I somehow always have the ingredients in the house in case I need to bake something on short notice and don't want to risk trying a new recipe. One of my favorites is this Triple Chocolate Cake. It looks like it took time but it is by far the easiest thing to throw together! :-) 

If you have any quick and easy dessert recipes, let me know! I am always looking for new things to add to my recipe book! 

I can't believe it's already Christmas season! Which means......lots of yummy treats! My family has the best Christmas recipes that we all look forward to each year! I can't wait to eat my mom's chocolate fudge....and I know my sister, Lyndsay, will have butterscotch at Christmas. I'm already salivating! Our grandma's Christmas cookies are by far the best you will ever have. Bold statement, I know. But it's the truth. I'm sad to miss the Christmas cookie baking day this year....well, I'm really disappointed to miss sneaking chunks of dough to eat with my sisters when our mom is not watching!!! I can't wait for Lyns' twisties on Christmas morning or for Christmas bread! And, I'm going to be daring this year and try a German cookie recipe that my Grandma used to make. My dad loves them and I think a little reminder of her and his childhood  will be special! =)

Let the holiday cooking begin!

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 box Devils' food cake mix
1 small box instant choc. pudding
1 12 oz package of semi-sweet choc. chips
1 and 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs

Add all ingredients together. Pour into a well-greased bundt pan. 
Bake at 350 for 50-55 min. Let cool in pan for 15 min. 
Remove and top with powdered sugar!
Top with some cool whip!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to write down that recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish - the only thing that would be easier is Diet Coke cake! = ) I'm sure this is yummier though.

    ReplyDelete